From the FPA website:
The Contraceptive Display Kit is an ideal resource to encourage young people both to think and talk about contraception.
The sturdy briefcase-style holder contains:
- condom demonstrator (made of latex). Replacement condom demonstrators can be bought for £9.00 (inc VAT)
- Contraceptive Display Kit User’s Manual
- three sets of FPA booklets on contraception
- selected FPA factsheets
- Is Everybody Doing It? young people’s booklet
- laminated contraceptive pill cards
- male and female condoms
- contraceptive patch
- emergency contraception
- diaphragm/cap and spermicide
- contraceptive injection (actual size card)
- an IUD and an IUS.
The Contraceptive Display Kit:
- increases informed decision making in young people
- promotes awareness of condoms and how to use them properly
- provides an understanding of how to access sexual health advice and services
- triggers discussion of feelings and attitudes towards sexual health.
Audience Young people aged 12 and above.
For use by Teachers, youth workers and school nurses working with young people aged 12 and above.